Saturday, July 18, 2009

So, These Chocolate Bars Help Fight Terrorism?







It's the beginning of the summer and the rest of my life, and sitting around watching movies and sleep all day, I suddenly feel like a lazy Eric Foreman (a nerd who isnt even smart), the year he took off not working or going to school and sitting around in his basement back in the seventies. You know, before he went to medical school, got a job with House and became black.

I have a business idea. The Art House, a revival movie house, that would play the kind of movies that Elwy Yost used to play on TVO's Saturday Night At The Movies which my family used to watch together each saturday night when I was growing up. The program today is rampantly disappointing me and my father with movies from the nintie, whereas there was a time when a eighties movie was rare.
The theatre would play only best classic and obscure gem you couldn't see anywhere else. The place would have a vintage dress code of the era of the night, as well as a mini-dress-up room where you can rent costumes and a vintage boutique where you can buy them. Dinner would be served, fitting with the night's flick and after and before the show, the ballroom would host a dance with music of the era. It should be like going back in time.
It would be a Grand theatre with gold and brass and red curtains and a balcony for sitting. There would also talks about the movies before they start, as well as discussion sessions. I would love to go to this place, I think some people love it too.
My Marie Antoinette dream:

I wake up in my ordinary room, gets up and finds I am in classic Antoinette garb, hair, etc.
My bedroom walls fall away replaced by a glass ceiling, walls and floor, all showing beautiful views of sky and what looks like flying over Versailles. The door begins to glow and I stumble to it opening it to find myself dressed in what looks like the blue dress, in the middle of a long row of apartments/ houses that look like Soho. There is a long red carpet stretching through the street. As I walk down the carpet, people dressed as wolves and foxes (masks) in waistcoats and gowns throw rose petals on either side. At the end of the carpet there is an abyss and the floor falls away. She falls down what seems to be a rabbit hole, suddenly wearing coronation garb. All around my there are different disembodied voices screaming insults and testimonies, false accusations and pamphlet stuff. I fall landing on a giant pink frosted cake. My clothes become covered in cake. People, who now look like an angry mob of peasants with torches, pitchforks, etc. They are all screaming “let them eat cake.” Suddenly, now in a plain white dress, I am on a scaffold. I cannot move at all, I try. They pelt me with fruits, vegetables, etc. (but they land as neon colored paint balls). Then the scaffold floor falls away and turns into water which they stand on. Reflected in the water is Versailles, suddenly it is on all 4 sides and courtiers, the king, Fersen, Labelle, Polinac, etc. are there in finery, standing against the walls while the peasants stand right against the scaffold with guillotine. The Versailles walls move in and the crowds of peasants and courtiers mingle. They all begin to laugh and suddenly the guillotine clangs down, and with a jolt, I wakes up in her own bed.

No comments: