Monday, January 5, 2009

It's 2009, and I May Just Be Losing My Mind. My Little Girl Look Fashion Manifesto.

Aloha Suckers!
Just Read Simon Doonan's Eccentric Glamour, and I Wanna start to Dress, and act for myself, not for what others'll think.

It’s 2009,
The Year I graduate. The Year My Sentance is up!
The year of craziness and wild table top declarations and being unapologetic or ashamed of who I am. And letting eccentricity and dreams rule supreme.
I’ll be there. I’ll be the loudest one. Look for me, I’ll be the girl in the:

- Shiny Hot Pink Vinyl Purse (yes, I’ve moved on. I’m ready to commit. Finally.)
- Fitted Floral Print (pink and blue on cream) Shirtdress (like Edie Beale in the ‘40s)
- Bow Shaped Brooch, to find some use for (like Edie Beale in the ‘70s)
- Random Pale Pink Tutu (Just to have. It may never be worn)
- Various Hair bows (I will rock the Pigtails, High or Low at some point, I swear!)
- Piano and Tartan Print Knee Socks (There’s just something about knee socks!)
- Cheap Barrettes And Costume Jewellery (a la Courtenay Love)
- Zebra Print Uggs (Yes, they exist, and I’m always up for that.)
- Fred Flare and Forever 21 Kitsch (a touch of Kitsch makes everything fun, albeit tacky)
- Ripped, Faded, Well-travelled Light Blue Jeans. (The kind with stories, the kind that have been around the world and back).
- Pale Pink Ballet Bag (like I always wanted as a kid)
- Hot Pink Converse (Yay! Viva La Shoegazing)
- Glossy Black Patent Leather Bag, With Multiple Buckles (Okay, maybe I’m not ready to settle down. But a girl, is allowed her flings, rite? I got the perfect calendar tho, A Purse-A-Day, so who really knows? The addiction my live forever)
- Multiple Little Minidresses. Which I wear more liberally, as an everyday thing. Both mod-ish (maybe i’ll finally wear my white mod boots?) and lacy, ingénue, (perfect for dancing and wandering around in random fields and forests, which i WILL find somewhere).
- Various Red, White and Black Tanks (somehow that’s all I need)
- Oversize Grey Vest (Cozy. Not exactly style-centric, but Cozy)
- Black Patent Leather Stack-Heeled Mary Janes (I have a life-long love of school girl shoes)
- Multiple Pairs of Cheap Pastel Lace Gloves, With the fingers cut-off (White gloves home dyed)
- Various Patterned, Textured, and Florescent Coloured Tights. (For stumbling around in the city with red lollipops)
- Also Fishnets (LUV!!)
- White Cotton Cropped Tee Shirt and Mini Shorts Set (For Random Lounging, must be accompanied by slouch socks, and pouting)
- Bondage Boots (awe-some! And really, not at all what they sound like)
- Garter Belt and Stockings (like some deranged fifties girl)
- Red Cropped Denim Shorts (Harley’s Holiday, Much?)
- Red Sequined Converse (Ruby Slippers for a new age)
- Various Knitted Berets (ONLY with straight hair! Bad hair day saviours. Which I WILL wear! I will also dig out my newsboy caps, and my awesome 20s-ish cloche)
- White Merry Widow Set, With Red Heart Pattern (Such a weirdly Cool name)
- Red Slip-ish Nightie Thing With Black Trim (Because Coping Harley is Just More Fun)
- Red and Black Alternating Harlequin minidress (Even if Custom-Made, I want it! Ready to put up a major tantrum if denied!)
- Red Plastic Heart Shaped Sunglasses (the kind kids wear. Made Iconic by Miss Dolores Haze. Bonus points if you get the veiled reference!)
- Black and White Diamond Patterned Tights (Please exist somewhere, in this or any universe, I will find you, just wait.)
- Fitted Tan Coloured Long Trench Coat (So I can Play Matches Malone [World’s Greatest Detective?], or Jr. Reporter)
- Red Suede Slouchy Boots (to be worn under afore mentioned trench coat and tights, with a Knock-kneed gait, ready to trip over my own feet)
- Black or Hot Pink Fitted Leather Jacket (Yes, Really! It’ll be Like Girl On A Motorcycle, without the dying, marriage, freedom, or the Motorcycle)
- Newspaper Print Skirt (Cause I Got In To Journalism School!!!!)
- Dark Denim Suspendered Bubble Skirt (What Dorothy Gale would be wearing today)
- Leopard Print Coat (Out Tonight as Mimi Marquez, Because Junkie Bohemians really have style)
- Anything Strawberry Print (I ask you, has there ever been a better fruit?)
- White T-Strap Heels (It’s Simple, Dah-ling)
- Red, Yellow and Dark Denim Skinny Jeans (Which I will eventually rock. In fashion or not. I just have to be ready)
- White Zip-up Sweater (Neutral, Innocent and Basic, an easy building ground for craziness)
- Black Leather or PVC leggings (they will be HELL, but Ooh, with boots and a minidress!)
- Baby Blue Knittish Poncho-thing (it sounds nice. Don’t really know what I mean, but it sounds nice)
- Chocolate Coloured Boho Boots (with about 50 necklaces, everyone will know you’re coming)
- Fitted Shirt Length Caftan Thing (I saw a picture somewhere, and it was so relaxed, so laid-back)
- Many, many Baroque patterned, and Vintage-ed Fitted Tees
- Cut-off Denim Shorts (but I’m just not ready. Talk to me in ten pounds. Or in the summer. Maybe)
- Tie Skirt, made out of Vintage Ties Sewn together (I have been talking about this for at least 5 years. To me, the Girl born without patience-that’s an eternity)
- Academic Looking Fitted Vest, with Random Crest (Maybe if I pretend to be smart, people will think I actually have some idea of what I am doing?)
- White Blazer, made awesome by paint purposely splattered all over it (this could be fun. Fun like waking up on a free Saturday morning, with Tom Waits’ Fawn, playing in my ears.)
- Dark Grey Ruffled Mini Skirt (I hate to advocate for grey, the absence of colour, and existence of sanity, but it can’t all be smiles, and flowers)
- Yellow Day Coat (‘cause who can’t smile at that?)
- Hot Pink Leg Warmers (if I suddenly get the urge to dance like no one’s watching, when people are actually watching)
- Saddle Shoes (This, is just a thought. They Just seem so unbelievably weird, and kiddish, that they get cool again. My eternal Paradox)
- Black Fitted Leggings (Never okay without, a dress, or oversized sweater. I am just not Edie Sedgeswick, however much I secretly love eyeliner)
- White Slightly Oversized Button-down (with the leggings, it’s very jazzy, laid back, and simplistic)
- My Own Very White Ingénue Dress, possibly with a blue satin sash (for more dream-like sequences running in forests and fields, at dusk and dawn. There’s gotta be some, somewhere! Like Antoinette at Trianon?)
- Little Black Dress with Big Black Bow (Miss Holiday Golightly Travelling?)
- Mint Green, something or other (for no reason other than that, it sounds like candy)


Yes. I’ll be the crazy one who thinks she’s twelve. And I’ll love every single giggling, pouting, lollipop lip moment. God, this sounds vaguely schizophrenic! and I don’t know if I’ll actually have the courage to follow it. But I will try. And if any-body wants to help, I would love them forever, and a Dreamer’s love is just eternal.
The fundamentals, never change, my disaster of a room won’t get any cleaner, and I’ll still be the klutz-est Klutz you’ve ever seen and scream when someone pops out from behind trees, But I’ll LAUGH about it. Because in the end It is To laugh, that Is To Be
But really, it’s all For Love or Chocolate. There may never be a truer point.
Oh, and the eternal daydreams. This year, I resolve to dial down my obsessions, and smile and laugh more. I WILL be happier. Not Stabler, but happy with my delusions. Which may be all that can be hoped for.
And if you don’t like this, or think of have lost my mind (which really, I can’t argue about). Well, I’m through pretending to be normal and being quiet, smart (although with common sense stuff, I need a tutor), and being clinical. I’m gonna fly, I’m gonna learn to be. I’m gonna finally exist, be finally free, and never look back.
I mean really, wouldn’t life just be more fun if we all wore wings to work, or Tiaras grocery shopping at four in the morning?
(Thanks to someone, who shall remain nameless, i’ve already been at Blockbuster in a Tiara with socks on my hands, and on Halloween dressed as Harley Quinn)
This is true living, or in the immortal words of a random Drunk guy: “Yo-Yo-yoo-ya-yo,”
Not that I’m there yet, but I’ll get there. Visit me at the asylum in ten years (less? more?) and we’ll see. Text Color
Oh, and stupidly, I MISS being Blonde!!!! Yes, it looked bad, I know this. And technically I prefer the Brown, but I’m boring myself. And in the mirror, I’m a stranger. It’s just not who I think I’m supposed to be. I just don’t think it’s someone I can love. I never said that I was sane, but it tries to speak for me. And the coolest word ever might just be Liliripes (the floppy sides of a Jester cap or cowl), Just sounds whimsical. So there!

- Yours ‘til forever Ends,
Catcher
Art Nouveau Extraordinaire!

What is life, when you can’t make em’ laugh? It’s good to be a little insane, then nothing is ever boring. So, don’t get angry, Get MAD! (if you get that, reference, well, then we really need to sit down and talk. You might have a good nickname for Moi.)
and I’m not even a real blonde!

No comments: